The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a
manuscript to our Blue Light Book Award Competition.
Please share our guidelines with other poets, and if you teach writing,
please let your students know about our contest. If you want to
be on our E-mail list, please contact
us and let us know.
THE BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD
1. Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry that
is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest, and pushes the language
to a deeper level of insight.
2. To enter, send a manuscript of 40 to 75 pages of poetry or flash
fiction, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer, to: Blue
Light Press Book Award, PO Box 150300, San Rafael, CA 94915
3. Submit your manuscript between September 1 and January 30.
4. Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light
5. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must
have a SASE to correspond with you. No manuscript will be returned
without a SASE.
6. The winner will be announced in May or June. The winning book
will go into production in September or October, depending on our
7. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript
on disk. Acceptable formats:
PC or Mac - using Word or RTF (Rich Text Format).
8. Winner will receive 5 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on
book sales thereafter. The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com,
any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our
partner, 1st World Publishing.
9. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail,
as this requires a trip to the post office during business hours. If you want confirmation
of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not
strict about deadlines— if your manuscript comes a few days
late, we will read it.
10. Please do not use tyvek envelopes, as we like to be gentle to