The editors of Blue Light Press warmly invite you to submit a
manuscript of flash fiction or prose poetry to our Blue
Light Book Award Competition. Please share our
guidelines with other poets, and if you teach writing, please let
your students know about our contest. If you want to be on our E-mail
list, please contact us and let us know.
THE BLUE LIGHT BOOK AWARD – For Flash Fiction and Prose Poetry
1. Blue Light Press is dedicated to the publication of poetry and
flash fiction that is imagistic, inventive, emotionally honest,
and pushes the language to a deeper level of insight.
2. To enter, send a manuscript of 24 to 60 pages of flash fiction
or prose poetry, typed or printed with a laser or inkjet printer,
to: Blue Light Press, Attn: Flash Fiction Award, PO Box 150300, San Rafael, CA 94915
3. Maximum length of each flash fiction or prose poem is 1000 words. Inside tip: We lean towards micro, rather than longer work.
4. Submit your manuscript between February 1 and July 30.
5. Include a reading fee of $20.00 - check payable to Blue Light
6. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope for results. We must
have a SASE to correspond with you.
7. The winner will be announced on or about December 1. The winning
book will go into production in March or April, depending on our
8. If you win the contest, you will need to give us your manuscript
in MS-Word, either on a flash drive or as an email attachment.
9. Winner will receive 5 copies of the book and a 30% royalty on
book sales thereafter. The book will be distributed by Ingram, Amazon.com,
any bookstore you suggest, and published in cooperation with our
partner, 1st World Publishing.
10. Please do not send manuscripts by registered or certified mail,
as this requires a trip to the post office during business hours. If you want confirmation
of receipt, include a postcard with your manuscript. We are not
strict about deadlines— if your manuscript comes a few days
late, we will read it.
11. Please do not use tyvek envelopes, as we like to be gentle to